Tuesday, January 2, 2007

1907 Costume Ball; the outcome

(1/2/07) Well, Sunday night me and mom went to the costume ball at our new history center (How can a history center be new???) and I had a very good time, excepting mom saying every ten minutes, "It would be funner if Dub was here...". The museum curator kept asking me to dance, I did once, but met some new friends and politely said no thank you when he asked again.

My new friend Sheri, who is only a little younger than myself, had her sister's date dance the two step waltz with me and we did. It was amusing seeing as he was at least a foot taller than me, maybe 1 1/2 foot taller. We danced and then me and Sheri hung out by the punch bowl. My hair kept falling down, and it drove me to the sheer point of insanity until I let it be. After words, I was asked to dance, allot.

My mom met one of her old friends from high school and he asked me to dance. I said yes since we knew him. We got to lead the Virgina Reel. It looks complicated, but it actually wasn't. Over all we had allot of fun and had an amazing time watching the fireworks from downtown at midnight. It's going to be one heck of a good year if I have anything to say about it.

~Miss Dub ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Shelby, you wanted me to comment; we need to work on grammar. " Me " does not come first. Other wise it was pretty good. Nana

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Good post daughter. Glad you had fun. I know mom dragged you along.

Anonymous said...

We need some pictures of you with your dress and fancy hair!

MrsDub said...

You looked stunning and I'm glad you had a good time. Hopefully next year, SgtDub will be home and he can dance with both of us!

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Sounds like you had fun Miss Dub. I have added you and Mrs Dub to my great reads...

Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I assume polite post. Specially the appellation attracted me to review the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.